Saturday, August 11, 2012

“The Doctrine of Sin” Part 2

In part two of our study on sin we discover why mankind seems to be so destructive and disobedient to our Master and Creator; and it is because of our total depravity. Why is it that man loves sin more than God; it is because of total depravity. While most preachers deny that man is totally depraved it is a fact according to the scriptures. By total depravity we mean that there nothing good in man outside of Jesus Christ, and I mean nothing. Man will think of himself as good but our opinions and Gods knowledge of us are completely different. While the natural man may look morally good in our eyes God sees them in a whole different way. God sees mankind as a lawbreaker and a sinner. Man left to himself would totally destruct because of our love for sin, the natural man loves sin more than God. As there will be some if not all religionist that will disagree with me let us look at what God says about mans depravity. "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: (11.) There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God." Romans 3:10 – 11

God declares that all mankind is depraved when born. - Psalms 51:5 "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me." The word "shapen" means - properly, “to turn around, to twist, to whirl;" That is the meaning here. The idea is simply that he was “born” in iniquity; or that he was a sinner when he was born; or that his sin could be traced back to his very birth - as one might say that he was born with a love of music, or with a love of nature, David is saying he was born with the love of sin.

God has also declared that man is depraved from head to foot. - Isaiah 1:5 - 6 "Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint. (6.) From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment."

God has also declared that no remnant of good remains in Man since the fall of Adam and Eve by nature. Romans 7:17 - 19 "Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. (18.) For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. (19.) For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."

Therefore man by nature cannot subject himself to the Law of God or please God. - Romans 8:7 - 8 "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. (8.) So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." Since we are born sinners or lawbreakers of God then the laws of God means nothing to man. The natural man hate the true God and all His laws; but since the natural man is condemned already then why would he subject himself to God or His laws.

Since the natural man is in his sinful state he cannot until quickened by the Spirit of God, turn from sin to God in Godly remorse and faith. - Jeremiah 13:23 "Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil." If (because of sin) the natural man is spiritually dead (corpse dead) then how can he cause himself to repent or to resurrect from a dead state. The religionist preachers will tell you it is your choice but if the natural man will not subject himself to the Law of God or to please God then why would he desire to change. Romans 7:17 - 19 "Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. (18.) For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. (19.) For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."