Sunday, May 26, 2013

A Place Prepared For Us.

John 14:2 - 3 "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. (3.) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." When most Christians read this passage of scriptures; the first thing they notice is “In my Father's house are many mansions…” and it is an exciting thought. Who would not like to live in a mansion for all eternity? However I think the most glorious thought here is over-shadowed by this thought. The two most glorious thoughts here are “…I go to prepare a place for you…” and “…I will come again, and receive you unto myself…” If we would think about it the word “mansions” simply means - a staying place, that is, a residence – it has nothing to do with what we would consider mansions here on earth. I believe heaven is sectioned off because we do find the Holy of Holies which is where Gods throne is, and we do know that Christ Jesus throne sits right next to Gods. Colossians 3:1 "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God." When we think about it Jesus said “In my Father's house are many mansions…” or many residences therefore it is evident that different creatures have different places assigned to them. But Jesus said “I go and prepare a place for you” that is all of Gods elect or all of Gods children. We are not going to be scattered all around (I don’t believe) but rather we will have a special place. I also believe the church will have and even more blessed place as the Lords bride. Jesus did give us a hint here when He said “…that where I am, there ye may be also” I believe our place in heaven will close to our redeemer. We do find believers where we find Jesus in the scriptures. I believe our dwelling place is together in the special place Jesus has prepared for us. The second glorious promise is “…I will come again, and receive you unto myself…” Jesus is coming again someday and all will be over on this earth for the “church age”. It is glorious to think about all the believers that died in Christ is there with Him and when He returns as here He promised than all saints will be caught up in the air to be with the Lord. Paul said in 2 Corinthians 5:6 - 8 "Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (7.) (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) (8.) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." I am ready dear Lord please come. I know the thought of the Lords return has grown to skepticism but the Lord said it would; Luke 18:8 “…Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?” I see that little faith today. However let’s remember that the Lord is going to return and I see it soon, just look around, is the world ready for the Lords return? I see that little faith on the earth, therefore I see the Lords return without much delay. The Lord promised to come quickly so I pray come quickly Lord, come quickly! Revelation 22:20 “He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.” So don’t pay so much attention to the word “mansions”; believe me every part of heaven will be royalty but rather pay more attention to the other two promises. Please keep praying with me that the Lord returns without delay.