Saturday, November 3, 2018

The True Blessing Of Election.


 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: (4) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: (5) Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, (6) To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.” Ephesians 1:3 – 6

There is a true blessing in our understanding of the Election of God, and that blessing is that He elected us that are saved. There is so much false teaching about salvation that it over shadows the truth. This is what is such a blessing about election, God saves sinners regardless of their ignorance. You rarely see a preacher preaching truth anymore because they do not understand truth, and therefore they are preaching lies, but please be assured God still saves sinners. I know election is hard to understand, and I know it can be mind blowing, but God before the foundation of the world elected to save a remnant of lost people. While so many reject this blessing, let us listen to Jesus Christ when He says, “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.” John 15:16 Lost people do not seek Jesus Christ, they seek a work on their part, they seek to save themselves, even though God without question said that is impossible. “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: (11) There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.” Romans 3:10 – 11 How can one save themselves if God says they cannot. How is God blessed in sinners saving themselves, how is Jesus Christ blessed in that? God said, “For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.” Luke 19:10 how is He seeking and saving if people are saving themselves? I cannot understand when people are told to choose Jesus Christ, when they are told to make a decision for Christ, when that are told to turn over a new leaf, or ETC. This is what Jesus said, “All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.” John 6:37 how many will come to Christ? How many, “All that the Father giveth me shall come to me…” as many as God the Father elected and gave to His Beloved Son before the foundation of the world, and not one single more nor one single less. It doesn’t matter what your church believes, it doesn’t matter what your pastor tells you, and it does not matter how many “out of context” scriptures you use to convince yourself otherwise, you are wrong. Now let us look at this, “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:44 If God does not “draw” you then you have no chance of being saved, absolutely none. Now look at this blessing of God, “And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.” John 6:39 Every single soul that God elected will be saved. How is this possible, this is the blessing of election, God elected, God gave to the Son, God prepared salvation in Christ Jesus, God draws, God brings us to Christ, and Christ saves us. That is the salvation that cannot fail, because it is God and not us that saves, and God cannot fail. And God said, “…wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.” Wow what a true blessing, we are accepted in Jesus Christ because we are washed in His blood. Jesus Christ is paying our debt to God, everything we owe God, Jesus has paid it. There is nothing we have to do, no choices, no decisions, no works, no anything because Jesus paid our entire debt and it is acceptable to the Father because that is what the Father chose to accept before the foundation of the world. This reminds us of Paul writing to Philemon to encourage him to accept his runaway slave, Onesimus, using the same argument. “If he owes you anything, I will pay it”.  Philemon 1:17 - 19 “If thou count me therefore a partner, receive him as myself. (18) If he hath wronged thee, or oweth thee ought, put that on mine account; (19) I Paul have written it with mine own hand, I will repay it: albeit I do not say to thee how thou owest unto me even thine own self besides.” Folks, election is not bad it is a blessing for the elect, election does not send people to hell because people have already sent themselves there. Folks, Election is a true blessing from God, because without it we would all go to hell.