Sunday, October 22, 2023

This is who I am

As a Christian and a Pastor, I must admit that I am only a sinner saved by God’s grace. The Apostle Paul wrote it best when he said, “I am what I am by the grace of God” 1 Cor. 15:10. However, while God had grace on me, saved my soul, caused me to be a minister, called me to pastor a church, I am still just a man living by God’s grace. I will live and die a man, a sinner saved by God’s grace thru His love and mercy on me. As a man, I am not perfect, I am not complete, I am not above sin. If you look at me for sin you will find it, if you want to charge me with sin then go ahead. If you believe you are better than I am, you may be right. But remember this I live, I move, and I have my being by God’s grace. I know that if it were not for God’s grace I would fall flat on my sinful face. I admit what I am, I do not try to deceive anyone or hide my true identity as a sinner saved by grace. I work as hard as God allows me too. I hope I can truly repeat the Apostle Paus when he said, “…his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all…” because “yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.” So, unless you are Jesus Christ you are no better than I am, and you are looking thru the same mirror of grace and seeing the same sinner saved by grace. Humility is our greatest human attribute, God said, “By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.” Prob. 22:4. So please pray with me that our Lord will not allow us to get puffed-up in our prideful human nature because the Lord also said, “The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.”  Proverbs 15:33 Please pray for me and I will pray for you, because none of us are perfect or better than the other, and we are all one in Jesus Christ. “For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks? Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:30 – 31 Thank you Father, and thank you Jesus, for what you have done for this sinner!