Friday, May 31, 2024

Do you desire to be a servant of God?

Isaiah 6:8 “Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.”

Have you ever asked God to use you, if not why not? As a Pastor and a Minister of God I did not ask God for the service He has chosen for me. God chose me, because serving God is not a choice but rather an appointment. While this verse is in the form of a question it is not a question because God does not make request, serving God is not an option it is a command. What sort of God, Master, omnipotent God would our God be if He had to make request. God does not ask, plead, or beg people to come to Christ as so many claims, oh no, God draws them. John 6:44 “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.” God did not ask Isaiah to volunteer but rather God ordained it of him, gave him the willingness and when the Lord asked God drew him into accepting. Our Sovereign God would never leave the accomplishment of His work in the hands of people, He ordains and administrates every step. "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all." 1 Corinthians 12:4 – 6 The word “administrations” means – the spiritual services of a believer. Therefore, we see Isaiah quickly jump at the opportunity to serve God as all of his servants are. Therefore Isaiah responded, with no hesitation "Here am I". Why are people not falling on their knees to ask God for service appointments? Why are Christians with great voices not serving God in music, why are men with great scriptural knowledge not serving as ministers or teachers, why not? Because God has not called them, God has not chosen them to His service. Isaiah did not say, Lord I am busy. Or Lord I cannot do the work, or Lord I am bashful or shy, he did not even say why me Lord, oh no, not at all, he simply asked God “Here am I; send me.”

I remember seeing the Prophet Jeramiah ask God, “behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.” And then God’s response to him was, “Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.” Jeramiah was not refusing, he was not rejecting God’s will, he just could not believe with his age and experience that God would use him. However, doing God’s will is not about us, it is about how God elects to use us, God will take care of everything, we just need to enjoy the blessings in serving God. So, as God told the Prophet Jeramiah, “Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.” The blessing of all blessings of God is to be used of Him in His service. None of us are ready, none are prepared, we are all meek and lowly but God has made us what we are by His grace. As the Apostle Paul wrote, "For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed." 1 Corinthians 15:9 - 11 Do you desire to be a servant of God, do not be afraid, shy, or never say “I cannot do it” because we are all in God’s gracious hand.