Friday, August 30, 2024

I am never alone.

Acts 17:27 - 28 “That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.”

I am no different than any other person, I am a sinner, born in sin, grew-up in sin, grew-old in sin, and yes, I will die a sinner. When I was born, I was born at enmity with the God of creation, the God of grace, and the God of salvation. Not knowing nor even caring about God or what He had in store for me. I thought as all people do, I must live and exist on my own, making my own way and being my own defender. It was not until my gracious Lord’s Spirit come to me, entered my body, quickened my dead spirit, and called and caused me to believe on Jesus Christ as my Saviour. It was that moment that this worthless and sinful young man became a child of God. It was that very moment I could feel the Holy Spirit working inside of me, while I did not know what was happening inside of me, I knew it was changing me. It was years later in life when I was taught that the life-changing experience I had was the power, grace, and love of God and His Beloved Son Jesus who died for me so many years ago. What I felt working inside of me was the Holy Spirit and that He would never leave nor forsake me, no matter what. It is hard to understand just how much the Lord God works in our life, and that He is so close that He is never far from us. I am blessed, because later in life I learned just how much God works in my life, I can feel Him working and see the results of His work in every move and happening in my life. I understand that I will live my entire life and never totally understanding how much God did in my life. God made me a promise, “that all things work together for good to them that love God.” Many things happen in my life, my day is full and there is no telling what good or disastrous thing may happen in that single day. But I have learned that every step I take, every breath of life I breath, and every happening thing, good or disastrous things, it is God that brought it, and it was brought for my good. The Lord is never far from me because He lives inside of me. I am not my own, I belong to the Lord my God and He has promised that no matter if the house falls on my head, it was He that caused it to fall. God has even promised me, “though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.” It is I that must be patient and wait on the Lord because it is He that has made me all these wonderful promises, and that I will never walk alone for a single moment alone.