Friday, September 4, 2009

Isn’t Our Saviour Indeed Wonderful?

Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk. John 5:8

Isn’t our Saviour so wonderful? He is so full of grace and mercy that our feeble minds simply cannot contain the full knowledge of just how wonderfully full of grace and mercy He is. Here in John 5:5 – 9 we see a man that had suffered a great sickness for thirty – eight years and until he met our Saviour he must have been in great misery for those thirty – eight years. Here we see Jesus come to him and knowing his illness and suffering Jesus asked him “Wilt thou be made whole?” what a question for the Lord Jesus to ask, not in doubt of the mans answer but in demand that this man was going to rise and walk. This is the very grace and mercy our Saviour has, never asking in doubt. Grace and mercy is making someone whole in their greatest time of need just as our Lord did with this man and as He also did for you. I did not ask Jesus to die for my sins, because I was not alive just over two thousand years ago when He gave His life on that cross for my redemption. It was by grace and mercy that brought salvation to me just as it was grace and mercy that made this man whole. Jesus did not die in hope we would come to know Him but already knowing that in due time I would be saved. I know that it is because of this grace and mercy that I was delivered at all from sin and I know in this life and the life to come I will never be able to thank the Lord enough or praise His name enough for what He has done for me in making me whole. We see this man in out text in verse 15 telling what Jesus had done for him “The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.” He was not ashamed of Jesus nor did he refuse to give Jesus the credit for what Jesus had done. Jesus told this man in verse 14 “Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.” Beloved this is the very same thing Jesus told us after saving our souls, sin no more. We are not allowed to sin and if we do then great sickness can also come upon us. However the truth being we are sinners by nature and because of that we will sin, does not excuse the sins we purposely do. If you have sin in your life bring an end to it or else you may suffer great sickness because of it.