Saturday, June 27, 2015

“Gay Marriage”

"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: (27.) And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet." Romans 1:26 – 27

As most, if not all know by now the nine black robe judges called the Supreme Court change the law on Gay marriage. Personally I am totally against this decision. I believe the majority of the citizens of the United Stated are also against it. God has not changed, He is also against it. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of it. Personally I put the gay marriage ruling right up there with abortion. For people to say that it is harmless is to change the word of God into a lie. Romans 1:24 - 25 "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: (25.) Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen." The truth is God does not change; He will always hate the sin of homosexuality, just as He will always hate abortions. There are some Gays who say they are Christians, I am not the judge of who Christians are and who are not, therefore their salvation is in the hands of God. Christians can be out of serving God and sinning against God, however sin is sin and God does not draw close to a willing sinner. 1 John 1:6 - 7 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: (7.) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." We as Christians and churches are not judges and therefore it is not up us to condemn anyone for their lifestyles or life choices. This world is at enmity with God and will serve the rule of lawlessness over the law of God every time and with every opportunity. I believe the gospel and the word of God is to be preached to every person and with endless love. The Lord told us in Romans 12:18 "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men." It is only right that we live peaceably among them “If it be possible”. It cannot be possible if this is forced upon the churches and Pastor. Personally I have no power to stop abortion or gay marriage; however I do have the right and power to refuse to be a part of either one. I will never officiate a marriage between two same sex people or be a part in it in any way just as I would not attend an abortion. Our church will never be forced to allow gay couples to be married in our church or on church owned property. This is not being mean, it is being godly. I know that this fight is not over; the laws created by the State of Texas protecting Pastors will someday be in the court systems being challenged and nine lost souls in black robes will once again rule against God and the churches. However, it will not change my thoughts on this subject because I believe God told me “If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men." My service to God means more to me than any carnal law. "For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. (7.) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. (8.) So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." Romans 8:6 – 8 I may not be perfect but I do seek to please God and obey God over man. Peter preached "...We ought to obey God rather than men” Acts 5:29 and that we will do. I have no issues with the world being the world and if some Christians want to ignore Gods word and fight for peoples rights to disobey God then fine, but please exclude me and Christians like me from you disobedience. Personally I will go to jail before I am made to officiate a same sex couples wedding. Millions of Christians before me went to jail and/or died standing on Gods truths.