Saturday, April 20, 2019

“Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood”


“And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,” Revelation 1:5 

As a Christian, I cannot thank God enough for saving my soul from the eternal fires of hell. Jesus Christ was born in the likeness of sinful flesh, grew-up in a sinful world, and died at the hands of sinful men, just so I could be saved from the eternal fires of hell. What a true unspeakable blessing, what a blessing of total grace and mercy on my Father part to elect me before the foundation of the world and give me to the Son and His willingness to do all this for me. Jesus said in John 15:9 “As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.” Now look at this verse closely, “as the Father loved me” that is with the very same love that the Father loves Jesus Christ, “so have I loved you”. The very same love, that means on every level that the Father loves Jesus, Jesus loves us. Let that soak in, let that dwell in you mind and heart for a while, how much are we loved of God, as God loves Himself. Look at 1 John 4:10 “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.” What is love, love is that God loved us, we did not love God He loved us and because He did Jesus loved us and because He did He went through this earthly sacrifice to cleanse us from all our sins. While the people of this world are trying to figure out how to cleanse their own sins, Jesus washed mine away because of love. Let’s move on to the next unthinkable blessing of God, 1 John 3:1 “Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.” The word “matter” means - of what possible sort – indeed what sort of love it must be, that God could ever love a sinner like me. People act as though God loves everyone, but that is not true nor is it possible, because God hates the workers of iniquity. Psm 5:5 God did not come to hate them God has an eternal hatred for them. But I am blessed of God that He loved me and sent His beloved Son Jesus Christ to die and wash my sins away by His glorious sinlessness blood. If you are saved this day praise God for His love and Jesus for His earthly sacrifice that gave us salvation. Stand-up and shout form on high, sing a new song of praise for our blessed Saviour. “And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;”Revelation 5:9