Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter; What Is It?

“And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” 1 Corinthians 15:4 You know I grew up celebrating all of the religious holidays just as most of the world does and out of ignorance had no idea what I was doing. Christmas was always about gifts and Santa Claus and Easter was always about the Easter Bunny, hiding and finding Easter eggs, and candy. But today I find that neither one represent nor honor God. As a Sovereign Grace Pastor I have found that God is a jealous God and has no desire to share His glory or honor except with those He chooses to share it with. If we use Christ’s birth and resurrection with mythical creatures such as Santa and the Bunny then could Christ also be thought of as mythical. According to the Religionist and Arminian’s world of worship, Easter is all about the resurrection of Jesus Christ but that simply is not true; because every Sunday morning is about the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Jesus rose from the grave early on Sunday morning just before the sun rose. Matthew 28:1 “ In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.” And the stone had been moved and the Lord had risen. This is the very reason we have the Christian Sabbath on Sunday morning instead of Saturday as the Jews did. We as Christians are not under Jewish customs therefore the Passover has nothing to do with our celebration of the Lords resurrection. Colossians 2:14 “Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;” Every Sunday morning is a celebration of the Lords resurrection and not just one time a year. Good Friday is nothing! This one has me totally confused. I guess if you have the weekend off then every Friday must be a good Friday. But just as Easter make no sense, Good Friday make even less. Now I’m not stupid; I understand what they (the Religionist and Arminian’s) think; but what confuses me is the math of it. The scripture conclude that “For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.” Matthew 12:40 Now if Christ was in the grave for three days and nights then how did He die on Friday. Their calculators need an adjustment. In order for Christ to have been in the grave three days and nights then He must have died on Wednesday instead of Friday. Folks, church services are about worshiping Jesus Christ and nothing else. We are not to worship to satisfy the worshiper but to serve the Lord God. A proper service includes prayer, song, preaching, and more prayer and anything else is unacceptable. Worship is not about Christmas, Easter, cowboys, strong men, comedians, or etc., etc., etc. I am afraid that more places of worship are more interested in creature satisfaction than in God satisfaction. So while those that have their Easter egg hunts today, think about this and ask yourself this question, “is God satisfied”? Something looks very wrong when I think about the Apostle Paul hiding Easter eggs. I believe Paul would have been insulted to walk into a place of worship and see what most of these places are doing and calling it worship. If I ever get to the point where I need an Easter bunny to remind me of my Saviour’s resurrection, I will consider myself to have great spiritual problems. Matthew 4:10 "Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (9.) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (7.) Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (7.) If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine."