Sunday, March 3, 2013

Wonder Not!

1 John 3:13 "Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you." We that are believers in Jesus Christ should not wonder or be surprised if the world hates us; because they hated our Saviour and Father first and more than they hate us. Sometime believers in Christ concern themselves with the hate of the world, when we should be rejoicing. God said to “Marvel not” that is to wonder not or don’t worry or wonder about it. God had just spoken about Cain slaying his brother Abel because Cain was unjust and Abel was a just man in Gods sight. This was the only reason for Cain’s evil act, and folk this is the reason they hate you as a believer in Christ. "These things I command you, that ye love one another. (18.) If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you." John 15:17 – 18 The Lord required believers and church members to love one another because as a Christian we are all we have in this world. We sometimes find many ways to fall out of friendship with one another; when what we should be doing is searching for many ways to love one another more and more. I and an old Pastor friend made up this week and my heart jumps with great joy in rejoicing because my love for him is great. We had a biblical issue or two we did not exactly see eye to eye on, so what? I have never found another person on earth I agree 100% with neither biblically nor worldly. We just laid to rest my mentor and teacher former Pastor Harace Hammond a man I held in the greatest respect for his being my Pastor, teacher, father-in-law, and dear friend, and we had a couple of biblical disagreements and we never allowed them to separate our friendship. We suffered more over worldly things than scriptural things, and at the same time valued our biblical doctrine more. The reason is we knew we were alone in this world, we knew that the world truly hated us and each other is all we had. We were brothers in Christ and that was more important than every thing else. God never told believers to wonder; in fact He commanded that we do not wonder. He commanded that we love one another and never to hate one another. "We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death."1 John 3:14 one cannot be saved and hate his brother! Folks we live in a world that hates us; they hate who we are and Whom we worship. Let’s not wonder why but rather simply put it aside and move on. We need to concern ourselves with the love of one another and not the world because if you are loved more by this world than you are at church, then you have a major problem. I love my brethren even those that may differ with me because I know no man is 100% right especially not myself. If we have major issues then there may reach a point where fellowship in worship together may suffer but my love for other believers will always be real. I know that I am hated in this world and while they may seem to like or even love me they deep in their hearts hate me for being a believer in Christ and for that I do not have to sit around and wonder why nor does it upset me. Jesus said "The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil." John 7:7 Folks they hate us because God has condemned them. "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:18 We as Christians remind them what they are; without Christ. They will spend eternity in hell, hating God because they are in hell fire instead of being with Him. Don’t ever wonder why they hate you but rejoice that you are a child of the Living God. The lost often remind me that we are the same and there is no difference in us; that I am a hypocrite, except my sins are forgiven through the blood of Jesus Christ and they will pay for theirs in eternal damnation, I am loved of God and there is no proof that God will ever love them. Psalms 5:5 "The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity." So see, we are not the same, I am a sinner saved by grace!