Saturday, April 30, 2016

There Is No Complaining In Being A Christian!

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. (14.) Do all things without murmurings and disputings:" Philippians 2:13 – 14

As a believer in the Sovereign work of God, I believe that everything we do for Him is ordained. I believe God gives us talents to do things and then puts us in the position to accomplish His blessed will. These two words “murmurings” and “disputings” means not to grumble or not to debate. When we do something for the Lord or the church we ought to do it with much pleasure and satisfaction. Also, we ought to do it with confidence because we are doing it for the Lord, and we also are doing it through His powers. As a Pastor I can promise you one thing, anything I do for the Lord or the Lord’s church is a true blessing. As hard as it is sometimes working a secular job 50 – 60 hours a week and 5 ½ days a week and rarely having a total day off to do anything, I cannot recall ever complaining about my work for the Lord and His church. I consider it a true blessing to work all I can to please the Lord. I never have to worry that I will not have anything to preach because of a lack of study time. God always provides, I am not in this work alone God graciously keeps me supplied with everything I need to tend to the Lords church. There are things I could do to lessen the work load, I could stop writing articles and stop doing social media, I could stop doing our newsletter and web site. Yea, there is a lot I could do to lessen my load, but then the ministry would suffer as a whole. See, I believe everything I do God has caused it to be, I also believe He gives me the will and strength to accomplish it. Therefore, I press forward, not me but the Lord who gives me “…both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” Folks, God has done so much for us, and if we are chosen to do anything for God then we have nothing to complain about. Never worry about doing it or completing it, God always finishes the work He starts in you. People who walk around complaining as Christians are acting like lost people. Jude 1:16 “These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.” We all pray because we believe God will hear us and answer us, therefore we ought to have the same attitude toward working for the Lord. Folks, God promised not to put more on us than we can handle, therefore we must be happy that God is using us and press forward. Always remember it is God who saved you and that means that before the foundation of the world He chose you to be His, sent His Beloved Son to die for you, and delivered you into His loving salvation. 2 Thessalonians 2:13 - 14 “But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: (14.) Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Therefore, Christians have no place to complain. If you sing then sing, if you have money then give money, if you can teach then teach, and etc. etc. etc. nothing is unaccomplished when God chooses for it to be done. Psalms 116:4 - 6 “Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul. (5.) Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful. (6.) The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.” If you ever wonder that you can accomplish what God wants you to do, just remember God never fails. And please remember these words, “If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.” 2 Timothy 2:21 Be ready to do the Masters will and He will see you through without failure.