Saturday, August 27, 2016

Love!


 “But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you…Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.” Luke 6:27 - 28



We have been working our way through some of the book of Luke on Wednesdays nights. This week we opened these glorious verses. I personally believe the greatest thing a saved sinner has is God’s love in their heart. I believe that everything with God began with love. It was because of love that He chose to save a sinner like me, and to adopt me as His own son. God said in 1 John 4:7 - 8 “Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God…He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.” How can one say they are saved if they do not love God’s children? As believers and recipients of God’s love through Jesus Christ and the gifting of the Holy Spirit, how can we not love? What were we before God saved us and gave us His love? But now, that we have received God’s love then we need to live our life in that love. God tells us how to do that right there in Luke 6, it starts with “Love your enemies”, and continues with “do good to them which hate you”, and “Bless them that curse you”, and “pray for them which despitefully use you”, and “turning the cheek that is slapped” and etc. Folks that is a lot, I do not know about you, but for me that takes a lot of work on my part. But, to truly do it will show you how God loves you. Remember you were at enmity with God before you were saved. You know, as I studied this and remembered my everyday life I realized I was not living to God’s standard’s for me, I have failed in this love area. If we look closely at these scriptures we will see just how much God expects from us, and how short we fall. I have this week tried to have more love for my fellow human being and have discovered it feels good to be nice to them that are lost. It felt good living more like God told us too. People do not need to be Christians for me to love them because God told me they do not. But, I must admit them being a Christian make the love I have for them even more special. I have to admit it has been a hard week trying to live these scriptures closer and closer, especially driving on the roads. But, we must remember that all things are possible through Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.  Luke 18:27 “And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.” That’s right God can do anything, even with you. I ask you this week to lean on these scriptures, study them and work to do them, and if you slip don’t give-up ask the Lord to increase His grace to help you. Help someone in need, bless them that are angry with you, smile and greet those that despise you, and the feeling will be great. Paul said to the church at Rome of love, “Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.” Romans 13:10 how could it work ill if it is fulfilling God’s law? John wrote in 1 John 4:12 “No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.” God’s love is complete in us when we as believers learn to properly love one another. It takes work, it takes prayer, it takes God’s power, but with all that complete, it perfects God’s glorious love that the Holy Spirit delivered to us as a “fruit”. Galatians 5:22 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,” Beloved, be kind to one another, but don’t stop there continue the kindness to those who are lost, and God will reward you for it, but it in itself will be rewarding.