Sunday, July 22, 2018

I Love the Lord


I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications…Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.” Psalms 116:1 – 2

I love the Lord because He first loved me. “We love him, because he first loved us.” 1 John 4:19 It sickens me when I hear preachers proclaiming that “God loves everyone, He loves you” this is a lie, God hated Esau, what about Pharaoh, and countless others. The lie that God loves everyone is just that, a lie. However, what a blessing it is that God does loves those that he does. God’s love is eternal, both never beginning and forever. If you are saved, then you are most blessed and most loved of God. His love for us is why we love Him, He gave us the love to love Him with. “Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.” 1 John 3:1 The word “bestowed” means - to endower of the receiver with love – it is God’s gift to us, as is grace, mercy, and salvation, among so many other gifts from our gracious God. It is because of this love that I know my God hears my prayers, and that He will answer them. God has “inclined his ear unto me” or listened closely to what I am praying for. “I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.” Psalms 40:1 Patiently waiting on the Lord’s answer is the most difficult of all, but we must remember, God answer by His own will and in His own time. But dear Saint of God, be assured that God hears your prayers and in time He will answer them, because He loves you.  Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications…In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.” Psalms 86:6 – 7 Sometimes our faith grows weak and weary but do not allow it too, trust the Lord! Remember child of God, He is inclining His ear toward you just so that He can show you that He does hear you. “I called upon thy name, O LORD, out of the low dungeon…Thou hast heard my voice: hide not thine ear at my breathing, at my cry…Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not.” Lamentations 3:55 – 57 This is why we should have no fear, and always remember “…If God be for us, who can be against us”? Romans 8:31 Nothing will ever happen to you that God has not allowed, remember Job, and be Job like in patience. Always remember that God loves you and that He is there for you, always and in everything. “So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.” Hebrews 13:6 Not even Satan with the powers he has can overpower God, therefore, fear only God. It is called faith, faith that God loves you, hears you, and will supply you with everything you have need of, and no one can take that away. “… If God be for us, who can be against us”? Romans 8:31 and “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?” Romans 8:35 and “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, (39) Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38 – 39 What a Father we indeed have, and I am gifted the privilege to love Him, because He loves me.