Sunday, December 8, 2019

What a blessing awaits us.


He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36


The Lord has said much about our life on this earth, but He has also said much about our life to come. We who have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ shall not see death but have life eternal. I wished to God there was something I could say or do to make people repent and turn to Jesus Christ, but God did not give me that power. “Paul also had this passion for Israel, “Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.” Romans 10:1 The only power we have as believers is the spreading of the gospel of Jesus Christ. If one will hear and believe the gospel it is because the Holy Spirit has quickened their spirit, caused them to hear the gospel, and brought them to the understanding of the gospel. “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.” Romans 8:14 – 15 Nothing else will bring you to Christ for salvation, ever! Paul wrote this, “And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.” Galatians 4:6 - 7 Salvation is only possible in Jesus Christ, and none other, if your salvation includes anything else then you are not saved. Paul also told his beloved Israel, “For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.” Romans 10:2 – 4 And as Christians we must also have this understanding, no matter what else is said only God The Father can draw a lost sinner to Christ, “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:44 No matter how much zeal one has, only God can make a lost sinner a believer in Jesus Christ. Paul wrote to the church at Corinth, “Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:10  The reason Paul said this is because he understood the blessings of being saved, Paul looked ahead to the blessings awaits us. Now Paul had already said in verse 9 “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” Dealing with life’s troubles are not easy for the believer, but with God’s grace we can do all things. Job wrote these words, “Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble.” Job 14:1 But look here folks, this life is temporal, the hurt of it is temporal, our blessings are ahead and eternal. James wrote these words, “Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” James 1:12 What a blessing our eternal life will be when God gives us our crowns for our troubles in this world. Look at this crown, “Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.” 2 Timothy 4:8 See beloved, it is a blessing that awaits us to suffer for the Lords sake here on this earth. In remembering that God’s blessings await you, keep this in mind while on this earth, My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.” James 1:2 - 4