Saturday, April 30, 2022

The Porter and the Door

John 10:1 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.”

I love this chapter of scripture because I love being part of the fold of God. I love being a child of God, I love that God gave me all of this. I am so thankful that before the foundation of the world God made a fold and filled it with sheep, and God chose me to be part of that fold as a sheep. I am thankful that before the world was created that God gave His flock His elected Shepherd, Jesus His own Son. Wow, just thinking about it all sends wonderful chills up and down my entire being. This chapter lays out God’s full plan and fulfilment of salvation. It tells us so many beautiful things about what God has done for us in salvation. First it tells us that the fold has a “door”, and this door is the one single way into the fold of God that houses the sheep. V. 2 “But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.” If you are going to be a sheep in the fold of God then the door is the way, you cannot enter another way. V. 1 “…He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.” There is one door, and that door is Jesus Christ, if you do not go thru Him to be saved then you are a “thief and a robber” and not a sheep. The door has a Porter, “To him the porter openeth” V. 3 the porter controls the entrance through the door, if the porter opens the door and when you hear the Shepherd call, then come inside. If the Porter never opens the door you will never hear the Shepherd’s call because the Porter only opens to the Elect. “he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.” V. 3 His own, is the elect. John 17:2 “As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.” It is only in the Shepherd that the sheep will find everything they need, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. Good food for His sheep, fed to them by His under-shepherds in His churches. Jesus said, “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:” V. 10 the false churches and the false ministers in those false churches, they seek to steal from Jesus’s churches and trying to destroy them. They are thieves and robbers trying to steel the name church and truth, trying to change it all into lies and deception. V. 12 “But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.” He is not a true Pastor he is a “a wage worker” of Satan and only seeks to profit, he truly only cares about the money. The more sheep he can steal the more profit he can have. He will leave the flock for more money more prestige, he doesn’t care about the church. “The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.” V. 13 Jesus cares about the flock, because He died for them, His under-shepherds love and cares for the flock because they are Jesus flock. Money means nothing to them, while most are given love gifts it is not required. A true shepherd of the Lords flock never allows money to interfere with the care of the Lord’s flock. The Lord Jesus Christ is our Shepherd He is our caretaker, He will never leave us not ever forsake us, ever! Our Shepherd knows us, He has known us since before the foundation of the world. We know Him because God created us to love Him and to hear His voice when the Holy Spirit opens the door and we hear His sweet call. But until the door is opened and the Saviour calls no one will ever hear His voice. I thank God I had the ability to hear the sweet voice of my Saviour and when I did I answered the call because my Father made me to hear it.  V.V. 28 “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. (29) My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.” Amen!