Saturday, April 23, 2011

“The Death Of Gods Children”

Psalms 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

As most of you all know my dear fleshly and spiritual brother Kenny Johnson went home to be with the Lord last week. I want you all to know the family could feel the prayers of all who remembered us. The services went wonderful and my mother made it through it very well. The sermon went well and I would like to thank Brother Kelley Hinson for attending the services and giving this preacher some support. I would also like to thank God for His blessed peace during this time. So thank you all for your prayers.

The death of a saint of God is precious to God; it is a homecoming of a blessed adopted child of the living God. We all (who are saved) look forward to being in the presence of the most high God; we look forward to seeing our Saviour Jesus Christ. But death, for the ones left behind is mostly sad because of the sting in it. It should be a time for celebration for the one gone, but in this flesh we celebrate a birth and sorrow a death when it should be vise versa. So while I celebrate Kenny’s home going I will also have a vacant spot in my life where he one was. I look forward to the time when we will once again be together not as fleshly brothers but only as spiritual brothers in Christ Jesus. Revelation 1:18 “I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.”

In closing please allow me to once again thank you for your prayers and the church here in Texarkana for their kindness shown to their Pastor and his family. I praise God for you all. Amen!