Saturday, April 9, 2011

“Doubtful Disputations”

“Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.” Romans 14:1

As Christians we must all understand that arguing never accomplished anything! We must also understand that judging everyone on everything under the sun also never accomplished anything! The mentality of the natural man in all of us, even Christians, raises a level of competition within us and we must work to tame this competition. First, we must all recognize that we are not right about everything and therefore we must admit we could be wrong about some things. I have corrected my thinking on the scriptures much in my ministry and may even correct it more before I die or Jesus returns. The one single thing I want as a Christian and a teacher of Gods word is to be RIGHT even at the expense of knowing I have been wrong. My judgment before Jesus Christ will be harsher because I am a teacher of Gods word than it will be for the average church member so therefore you can see why I always seek to be RIGHT no matter what it cost me in this life. Secondly, we must tame our judgment of other Christians and realize that some Christians are simply weak in their faith. When we judge other Christians we must use much grace because Jesus said “Judge not, that ye be not judged. (2.) For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged…” Matthew 7:1 – 2 with what matter you judge others you also shall be judged in that same matter except not by man but by Jesus Christ. Now we must understand there is a certain level of judgment that church judges it membership by however she must also be merciful in her judgment if she wants to be judged with mercy. Sometimes Christians wants to judge other Christians about everything under the sun, about how they dress, how they walk, where they eat, how they live, how they talk or speak, or etc. but please remember we will be judged that same as we judge others, as harshly or as gentle. My way of life may differ from your way of life, but that doesn’t make me wrong and you right, no more than if I judged you in the same matter. Sometimes Christians have different manners in life; maybe one will not allow their female children swim with the male children and others may allow it, who is right and who is wrong, well they both are right because God doesn’t tell our children they cannot swim together. One Christian may choose other issues in life and another may not agree but that doesn’t make them wrong and you right. We sometimes expand the meaning of the scriptures to prove our point but fail to look in a mirror and see the same expanded scriptures condemn our own selves. Maybe it would do us all good to pray this prayer “Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.” Psalms 26:2