Saturday, April 8, 2017

The Amazing Grace Of God.

“For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.” John 1:17

Oh, how sweet is the thought of God’s Amazing grace. Brother John Newton wrote these words back in 1779 “Amazing grace! (how sweet the sound) That sav’d a wretch like me! I once was lost, but now am found, Was blind, but now I see.” What a masterpiece! I believe our gracious God inspired Brother Newton to write these very words. I believe God gives people life happenings in order to make them appreciate Him more. John Newton found grace in Jesus Christ when he was saved, and after the life God had planned out for him, it caused him to write these words, and how sweet they truly are. When I think of God’s grace the single word “amazing” indeed comes to mind. When I look around at everyday people and see the ugliness in them and in their deeds, I truly understand the words “Amazing Grace…How precious did that grace appear, The hour I first believ’d!” because without God’s amazing grace I would be just like the lost world and heading to the eternal fires of hell. But instead God’s grace brought Jesus Christ to this world, and God’s grace brought Jesus Christ to Calvary’s tree, and God’s grace caused Jesus Christ to give His blood to wash away my sins. It was God’s amazing grace that took this poor depraved soul from the power of Satan and delivered me to Jesus Christ to be washed in His blood. It is because of that, that makes me white as show, and now a pure child of the Living God, what Amazing Grace. I know as John Newton knew, that life here on this earth can deliver some most powerful, sinful, ugly, and God hated things. But by Grace God before the world began, He chose my life and this is the fulfillment of it, every day that I live. But this I also know, “Amazing Grace… Through many dangers, toils and snares...we have already come. T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...and Grace will lead us home.” And believe me, God will lead me home when this life is fulfilled, and God’s predestination has been fulfilled. Truth and grace came by Jesus Christ, for me and for all of God’s elect. This is what grace is beloved, it is deliverance from Satan, sin, and the penalty of the law that Moses delivered. The Psalmist wrote these unforgettable words, “"Surely his salvation is nigh them that fear him; that glory may dwell in our land...Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other...Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven...Yea, the LORD shall give that which is good; and our land shall yield her increase...Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps." Psalms 85:9-13 It is God and God’s grace that looked down on a sinful world, smiled on a limited number, delivered His Own Beloved Son and called us with a holy calling and saved our unworthy souls. When you have been saved, and say these words, then you will know what Amazing Grace truly is. If you have not had the calling of God’s Spirit, and been brought to Jesus Christ for the blood cleaning then you cannot know what Amazing Grace truly is.