Sunday, April 23, 2017

We live in a world of sinful excuses.

 “Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. (3) For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. (4) Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.” Psalms 51:2-4

We that are saved but the grace of God and thru the precious actions of Jesus Christ are so blessed, but we sometimes forget it. The Psalmist wrote by the gift of wisdom of the Holy Spirit “Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.” Oh beloved, if you are saved then God has forgiven your sins, every single one of them. They have been washed by the blood of Jesus Christ. We as Christians have been give the eternal gift of redemption. God has blessed us with a gift that so many will never experience. The vast majority of people on the earth will die and go to hell never knowing God as their Father and Jesus Christ as their Saviour and friend. But to us that know Jesus Christ as our Saviour will be the children of God for all eternity. However, with this being said, some real Christians simply refuse to follow their Saviour. Jesus said if you love Me than keep my commandments. John 14:15 But as so many believers in Jesus Christ apparently do not know these words or they simply ignore them. Folks, we need to understand the Satan works hard on us to keep us in sin. If we are not alert, if we are not watering feeding the spiritual person inside of us, then it will grow weak and sin will overtake us. We will become like the Israelites who simply could not do what God commanded over and over again. Fellow believer, following Christ Jesus is not an option but a command. I know we are all sinners and we will sin until we are with the Lord, but it is our responsibility to the God who saved us and the Saviour that died for us to obey and follow the scriptures, even though we will at times fail. But this is no excuse to defile the scriptures. I hear Christians all the time making excuses for their sins. I hear them make their excuses for not attending church. We now live in a world of excuses, please stop the excuses. People who disobey the scriptures and commandments of God are without excuse. If you do not attend church then you are disobeying God, if you do not attempt to serve God and our risen Saviour then that is your fault, and not one else’s. Please give this some thought, God gave His Beloved Son as a sacrifice to save your unworthy soul, and now you have a world of excuses not to serve the Lord, STOP IT! Beloved, Satan baits you in your life, he doesn’t want you to serve God, just stop and give it a little thought. Please just stop the world of excuses and serve the God that has blessed you with salvation. If you are not properly serving the Lord, then you might give this scripture some thought. “Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.” John 5:39 Has the Holy Spirit visited with you? Has He led you to Jesus Christ for Salvation? “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:” John 15:26 and if He has led you to salvation in Jesus Christ then why the excuses? Why are you not in church, and living your life for the Lord? Please remember these words of much wisdom, “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.” John 15:16 This is not a few Christians; this is all Christians. Now, what was your excuse for not serving the Lord?